Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Monday announced the date for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduates, or NEET-UG 2021. The examination will take place on September 12. Originally, the exam was set for August 1st. Tomorrow i.e. July 13 is the first day of registration for the exam.
Pradhan's declaration came as a welcome relief to thousands of medical students who had been waiting to learn when the NEET 2021 application forms will be issued and if the test would be held on time.
“The NEET (UG) 2021 will be held on 12th September 2021 across the country following COVID-19 protocols. The application process will begin from 5 pm tomorrow through the NTA website(s),” Mr Pradhan tweeted.
Here are five facts regarding NEET 2021 that students should be aware of:
1. Application forms for NEET 2021 will be available at ntaneet.nic.in, neet.nta.nic.in, and nta.ac.in. Along with the application forms, the NTA will distribute an information bulletin that will include the qualifying requirements, event dates, and the counselling procedure. The examination will be held in 13 languages, according to the information bulletin.
2. This year, the number of exam centres and cities has been increased. “In order to ensure social distancing norms, number of cities where examination will be conducted has been increased from 155 to 198. The number of examination centres will also be increased from the 3862 centres used in 2020,” the Education Minister said.
3. All COVID procedures will be followed during NEET-UG 2021. “To ensure adherence to COVID-19 protocols, face mask will be provided to all candidates at the centre. Staggered time slots during entry and exit, contactless registration, proper sanitisation, seating with social distancing etc. will also be ensured,” the minister said.
4. To register for NEET 2021, students will require the following documents: Scanned passport photo, signature, left thumb impression, Class 10 certificate, postcard size photo, and any additional documentation, if necessary. The format and resolution of the documents to be submitted will be specified in the information bulletin.
5. Students interested in pursuing a BSc in Nursing and Health Sciences should apply for NEET 2021 as well. This is the first time the test will be used to determine eligibility for these courses.