GATE 2021 to be held from February 5: Timings, guidelines and other details you need to know
- IIT Bombay has been given charge to organise GATE 2021
- Two new subjects are added this year
- Candidates will have to follow COVID-19 protocols
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GAIT) is a national examination conducted by seven prominent Indian Institutes of Technology, namely IIT Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Guwahati, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee, and Indian Institute Of Science (IISc), who also administer the operations of exams.
IIT Bombay is the institute responsible for end-to-end coordination with other institutes this year. Last year, IIT Delhi was given charge to organise GATE 2020.
There are 27 subject papers which will be held through a computer device. Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Science in Economics/ English / linguistics/ Philosophy / Pyschology / Sociology are two new subjects which have been included in GATE 2021.
There is no age limit to appear in GATE exam. More than 9 lakh candidates are expected to take the exam this year. From the declaration date of the result, the validity of the GATE score is extended to three years.
Following are the Important details to remember:
- The dates of the examinations: February 5, February 6, February 7, February 12, February 13, and February 14.
- The exam will be held in two shifts: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and 3 pm to 6 pm.
- Candidates will have to reach their GATE exam centres one hour prior to the commencement of exam.
- At the entrance gate, one needs to follow the rope queues and floor marks. If a candidate’s body temperature is above 99.4 degree Fahrenheit, he or she will have to take the exam at an isolation area within the GATE exam centre.
- Candidates are advised to wear masks, gloves and carry personal hand sanitizer, pen, admit card, water in a transparent bottle and other exam related documents to the exam hall.
- Maintain social distancing.
- When the exam is over, candidates are required to leave the centre in an orderly manner.
- Drop admit card, rough pad or scribble pad on the dropbox provided at the exam centre.
- Candidates will be provided with a virtual or on-screen calculator for numerical calculations.
- Management will provide a rough sheet for calculations.
The GATE 2021 result is slated to release online on March 22, 2021.
Candidates can also visit the official website gate.iitb.ac.in for other details regarding GATE 2021 exam.