Enjoy IPL evenings with these tasty snacks by celebrity chefs
- Nothing beats a fresh homemade snack from your kitchen
- Don’t worry if you are not sure about what to cook, here’s a list of lip-smacking recipes
- Enjoy the goodness of Mexican spring rolls while supporting your favourite team!
Nothing beats a fresh homemade snack from your kitchen, especially if it’s an IPL match evening and you are cheering for your favourite team. Right?
Don’t worry if you are not sure about what to cook, here’s a list of lip-smacking recipes from celebrity Chef Sanjeev Kapoor and Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi that you can make at home to take care of your constant urge to munch on something and enjoy the match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kings XI Punjab.
Mexican spring roll
1 cup – Rajma
8-10 – Spring roll sheets
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons – Olive oil
1 – Onion, medium chopped
½ inch – Ginger, chopped
1 tablespoon – Garlic, finely chopped
½ cup – Corn kernels, boiled
½ cup – Mixed capsicum, chopped
1½ teaspoon – Paprika powder
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 teaspoon – dried mixed herbs
¾ cup – Tomato puree
Refined flour slurry
Grated processed cheese as required
Oil for deep frying
Salsa to serve
Sour cream to serve
- Soak rajma for 8-19 hours in sufficient water.
- Put rajma in a non-stick pan and add two and a half cups of water and salt.
- Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in another non-stick pan.
- Add onion, ginger, and garlic and sauté for two-three minutes.
- Add corn kernels and mix well.
- Add mixed capsicums and cooked rajma, mix well and sauté for two-three minutes.
- Add salt, paprika powder, crushed black pepper, dried mix herbs, and tomato puree, mix well, and cook for two-three minutes.
- Put half cup cooking liquor of rajma and mix well.
- Mash the mixture and cook till dry. Take it off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Spread each spring roll sheet on the worktop, place some rajma mixture at one end along the width of the sheet.
- Grate processed cheese over it, apply slurry on the sides.
- Fold the two vertical sides over the stuffing and roll. Seal the open end.
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok, slide in the spring rolls into the hot oil and deep-fry till golden and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Arrange them on a serving platter and serve immediately with salsa and sour cream.
Here’s another simple recipe by Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi:
4 – green chilies
5-6 – Garlic cloves
1 tablespoon – Vinegar
1 teaspoon – Sugar
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons – Water
1 – Onion
For the sauce
- Blend green chilies, garlic cloves, coriander leaves.
- In a wok, add sugar, vinegar, salt, and water.
- Add the blended mix.
- Let the mixture boil. Switch off the flame of the wok once done.
For the paneer barbeque
- Cut paneer into pieces, chop a small onion and add this to a pan with some oil.
- As it starts to turn brown, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, soy sauce.
- Add the barbeque sauce. Saute it for a few minutes.
- Serve on a plate and garnish with coriander.
Have a great IPL evening!