5 timeless hits of RD Burman that made him a legend
- Rahul Dev Burman was also known as Pancham Da
- He was born on June 27, 1939
- He died on January 4, 1994
Be it 'O Mere Dil Ke Chain' or 'Aap Ki Ankhon Mein', the musical compositions of Rahul Dev Burman aka Pancham Da touched the hearts of umpteen Indians. Even today, almost 30 years after his passing away, his musical legacy continues to inspire millions.
On the occasion of his 84th birthday anniversary, let’s hum some of the timeless classics of RD Burman that play on the minds of Indians even today -
1. 'Tujhse Naraz Nahi Zindagi' - The song from the Bollywood film 'Masoom' was written by Gulzar and has two different versions — female, and male, that were sung by Lata Mangeshkar and Anup Ghoshal respectively.
2. 'Bachke Rehna Re Baba' - Sung by RD Burman, Asha Bhosle, and Kishore Kumar, the song featured in the movie 'Pukar' that starred Amitabh Bachchan, Zeenat Aman, and Randhir Kapoor.
3. 'Roop Tera Mastaana' - The song from the movie 'Aradhana' was composed by Pancham Da and his father Sachin Dev and sung by Kishore Kumar. The composition is believed to have played a major role in making the movie's hero Rajesh Khanna an overnight sensation.
4. 'Kya Hua Tera Vada' - The song from the movie 'Hum Kisise Kum Naheen' was voiced by 'Suro Ka Sartaaj' Mohammed Rafi, Sushma Shrestha. It was written by Majrooh Sultanpuri.
5. 'Bheegi Bheegi Raato Mai' - The rain number from the movie Ajnabee was composed by RD Burman and was sung by Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar. The movie brought together Rajesh Khanna and Zeenat Aman.