Priyanka Chopra wishes friend Meghan Markle on her birthday, ends rift rumours
- Meghan Markle turned 40 on Wednesday
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas took to social media to wish the Duchess of Sussex
- Priyanka also pledged to support her friend's initiative to help the women who have lost their jobs during the COVID pandemic
Meghan Markle turned 40 on Wednesday and on this occasion, her friend and actor Priyanka Chopra Jonas took to social media to wish the Duchess of Sussex. Priyanka also pledged to support her friend's initiative to help the women who have lost their jobs during the COVID pandemic.
"Happy birthday, Meghan. For her 40th birthday this year, in true Meg fashion, she’s chosen to put the welfare of others first. As we all know, the pandemic has disproportionately impacted women around the world," she wrote.
"In America alone, OVER 2 MILLION WOMEN have departed the workforce since January 2020. The three groups experiencing the largest burdens are mothers, women in senior management positions, and women of colour. These women, who are pillars of our communities, are shouldering the brunt of the crisis, including homeschooling and caring for family members of all ages. It’s time to help women get back into the workforce," she continued.
The 39-year-old actor concluded the post by saying, "The Duchess of Sussex has asked 40 of her friends to take 40 minutes to support women getting back into the workforce… Of course I was more than happy to join. Now that’s a great way to celebrate a milestone Birthday. Bravo, my friend. You can all join in too. If you are able, donate time to mentoring, community service or any act or service that you can and maybe we can all collectively contribute to a global wave of compassion."
The two have been friends for years. However, reports suggested that things were not fine between the two after Meghan skipped Priyanka's wedding to Nick Jonas.
Meanwhile, the Royal Family also shared tributes to the Duchess of Sussex on Wednesday. For those unversed, Meghan and her husband, Prince Harry, stepped back as senior royal in January last year and moved to California to build their own empire.
Trending on Opoyi
- Watch: Radha Yadav takes a blinder to dismiss Tahlia McGrath in the Commonwealth Games final
- India celebrates table tennis duo Sharath Kamal-Sathiyan Gnanasekaran's silver at Commonwealth Games 2022
- Who is Henrique Otávio Oliveira Velozo, officer suspect in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu legend Leandro Lo's death?