Duane Keith Davis, popularly known as Keefe D, has recently been taken into custody by Las Vegas authorities in connection with the 1996 shooting that claimed the life of iconic rapper Tupac Shakur. While specific charges have not been disclosed, Keefe D previously admitted to being present during the fateful drive-by shooting in Las Vegas. This development marks a significant development in the long-standing investigation into Tupac’s untimely demise.

Also Read| Who will replace Dianne Feinstein? Gavin Newsom pledges to pick black woman senator

Who is Duane Keith Davis aka Keefe D?

Duane Keith Davis, widely known as Keefe D, has been apprehended by Las Vegas police for his alleged involvement in the 1996 shooting that ultimately led to the death of Tupac Shakur. While the specific charges against Keefe D remain undisclosed, he previously confessed to being present in the vehicle during the drive-by shooting in Las Vegas.

Also Read| Who was Dianne Feinstein’s husband, Richard C. Blum?

In his accounts to various media outlets, Keefe D asserted that his nephew, Orlando “Baby Lane” Anderson, was among the individuals in the back of the Cadillac from which the fatal shots were fired. Earlier that evening, Anderson and Tupac were embroiled in a confrontation. Anderson later met his demise in a separate shooting in Compton but consistently denied any role in Tupac’s shooting.

In July, Las Vegas Metro Police executed a search warrant at the residence of Keefe D’s wife, Paula Clemons. The search uncovered .40 caliber bullets, raising the possibility of a connection to Tupac’s murder. Forensic experts are conducting tests to ascertain any link between the bullets and the fatal shooting.

Homicide investigators in Las Vegas have meticulously preserved forensic evidence from the Shakur murder scene for over two and a half decades. This includes bullets, clothing, and gunpowder, all subject to extensive laboratory analysis.

Also Read| Who is Dianne Feinstein’s daughter, Katherine Feinstein?

A police source emphasized the potential significance of microfibers or residues from the weapon or bullet, which could establish a critical link. The source also highlighted that the age and origin of the bullets are still unknown, underscoring the complexity of the investigation.

Despite the challenges, investigators are pursuing leads and hoping to make progress in solving the longstanding case. The murder weapon, a .40 Glock, was never recovered, but Keefe D openly admitted to passing the firearm to his nephew, Orlando Anderson, who purportedly used it in the fatal shooting on September 7, 1996.

Officer Chris Carroll, one of the initial responders at the scene, revealed that there have been rumors suggesting Keefe D may have sold items connected to the crime, further complicating the narrative surrounding this tragic event.