Farmers protesting at several Delhi borders Wednesday rejected the 'false propaganda' allegations saying it was false news. The allegations stated that the protesting farmers were not letting medical oxygen carriers into Delhi, thus putting the lives of several COVID-19 patients at risk.

BJP MP Parvesh Verma on Tuesday night alleged that transportation of medical use oxygen into Delhi was hampered due to the road blockade caused by protesters. The Samyukta Kisan Morcha, a representative body of several protesting farmer unions, said on Wednesday they have kept a route open for emergency services since day one of their agitations.

Verma had tweeted last night saying he told the hospitals that only a few hours of oxygen supply is left and due to road blockade by protesters at the Ghazipur border and the protesters must open the road. 

The morcha said that not even a single ambulance or essential goods service has been stopped. It is the government that has put strong and multilayer barricades, not the farmers. Farmers stated they were fighting for human rights and weren't protesting against the COVID-19 patients. 

Thousands of farmers from Punjab, Haryana, and several other states have been protesting on various borders of Delhi since November last year, seeking a repeal of three farm laws enacted last September.

Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had on Tuesday urged the Centre "with folded hands" to provide medical oxygen to Delhi. His deputy Manish Sisodia had said there will be chaos in the city if the stocks are not replenished by Wednesday morning.

Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain had also sent an SOS  "oxygen at GTB Hospital may not last beyond 4 hrs" to Union minister Piyush Goyal at 10:20 pm. Several major private and government hospitals in Delhi received a fresh stock of medical oxygen in the wee hours on Wednesday, averting a crisis just in time, according to officials.

The 28,395 recorded coronavirus cases and 277 deaths intensified the pandemic situation in Delhi on Tuesday. Positive COVID cases shot up to 32.82%. Every third sample was tested positive amid a "serious oxygen crisis" unfolding in the city.