Most of the people are constantly on the lookout for an optimal exercise regime that helps us tone our lower body and squats happen to be the perfect exercise to achieve these goals, notwithstanding the workout regime we choose for ourselves.
The benefits of squats are not only limited to the lower body but also improve the abdominal area, posture and the knees and joints. Squats ensure adequate quantities of oxygen and the flow of blood around these parts thus keeping them strong. Squats engage the largest muscles of the body and provide us with several benefits including the toning of the lower body. Here’s a guide to squatting properly-
1. Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and place your arms down on your sides.
2. This should be followed by the tightening of your abdominal core, keeping your chest up and looking straight.
3. Bend your knees and push your hips back as if you are going to sit in a chair in order To perform the basic movement.
4. When your thighs are parallel to the floor, pause and then push back up to your starting position.
5. Lift the arms up slightly when thrusting back up to the starting position.
Now coming to the question- How many squats?
Well when it comes to the number of squats you must do, I’d say that it depends but excess of everything is bad so do not go on an over skill. It is important that you keep the intensity of the workout in mind and try targeting the right muscle group. It’s the key to a fit body. It’s advisable to do a minimum of at least 3 squats per day. Keep varying the number of repetitions from 8 to 15. In order to increase the intensity, resistance can be added using weights and tubes. The mantra is to concentrate on form, and meet the requisite repetitions.Do not forget to-
Make sure that you have warmed up before you squat , as stretching loosens up your muscles, increase your range of motion and help prevent injury.
Supplement squatting with a balanced, nutritious diet that is protein-rich and low in fat.
Squat diligently for best results!