Several Bollywood celebrities have come forward to help people as India continues to fight against the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic. From Salman Khan’s food distribution to Anushka Sharma’s fundraiser, Bollywood actors are trying to do their bit to help those in need.
1. Priyanka Chopra Jonas: The actor and husband Nick Jonas launched a fundraiser in partnership with the non-profit organisation Give India to provide COVID relief.
“I have set up a fundraiser with GiveIndia, the largest organization on the ground in India providing Covid relief. Whatever you can spare, truly makes a difference. Nearly 63 million people follow me on here, if even 100,000 of you donate $10, that’s $1 Million, and that’s huge,” she wrote on Instagram.
2. Anushka Sharma: Earlier this month, Anushka, along with husband Virat Kohli, initiated a fundraiser in collaboration with Ketto to raise funds for COVID-19 relief.
“As our country battles the second wave of Covid-19, and our healthcare systems are facing extreme challenges, it breaks my heart to see our people suffering,” the actor wrote on Instagram.
3. Salman Khan: The ‘Dabangg’ actor distributed over 5000 food packets to frontline workers. A video of him inspecting the food quality went viral on social media earlier this month.
4. Alia Bhatt: Alia started her campaign #circleofhope in collaboration with journalist Faye D’Souza to amplify relevant information that can help COVID patients.
5. Sonu Sood: After helping several migrants reach their homes during the first wave, Sonu Sood launched a telegram channel during the second wave to help those in need of oxygen, medicines, and hospital beds.
6. Bhumi Pednekar: After recovering from COVID, the ‘Durgamati’ actor started a drive to identify plasma donors. She also shared several posts and videos related to coronavirus resources.
Other actors like Twinkle Khanna, Taapsee Pannu, Sonam Kapoor, and John Abraham are some of the other actors who stepped up to help people during the pandemic.