President-elect Joe Biden has accused the Pentagon officials of putting roadblocks in the transition of the incoming new administration, posing security risks to the nation, AFP reported on Monday.
Biden alleged that his transition team which is to take over the defense department in January is being deprived of key security related information. He named the Pentagon and Office of Budget and Maintenance for causing the obstruction in a smooth transition.
"Right now, we just aren't getting all the information that we need from the outgoing administration in key national security area(s)," Biden said after a briefing by his transition team.
"It is nothing short, in my view, of irresponsibility."
He said he was seeking a "clear picture" from the outgoing administration on the force posture of US troops around the world.
"We need full visibility into the budget planning underway at the Defense Department and other agencies in order to avoid any window of confusion or catch-up that our adversaries may try to exploit," Biden said.
The incoming administration’s transition to the power corridors has been anything but smooth.
Trump, since the November 3 election, has refused to concede his defeat. Biden defeated Trump by 7 million ballots in popular vote and by a margin of 306-232 in state by state electoral votes.
Trump’s several lawsuits to subvert the election results have so far fructified in nothing.
Although he has since all given up his lawsuit battles, Trump not relented on his on and off accusations of an electoral fraud which he conveys mainly through Twitter.