Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, on Monday, in a Twitter post announced the new date for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduate, or NEET UG 2021. According to his Twitter post, the exam will be conducted on September 12. Before this, the exam was expected to take place on August 1. Registration for the same will begin today.
"The NEET (UG) 2021 will be held on 12th September 2021 across the country following COVID-19 protocols. The application process will begin from 5 pm tomorrow through the NTA website(s)," Pradhan tweeted.
Here are the steps you need to follow to fill up the NEET 2021 application form:
- Visit the official NEET 2021 website (ntaneet.nic.in, neet.nta.nic.in and nta.ac.in).
- Click on 'new registration' tab.
- Fill in the basic details as required in the application form.
- Login using your credentials i.e. application number and password.
- Choose exam center preference. You can fill 3 centers as per your preference.
- Fill in the details that have been asked.
- Upload the required documents.
- Make the payment.
- Recheck or crosscheck all the informations.
- Next, click on the 'submit' button.
- Keep a printout of the confirmation page handy for future references.
- Scanned image of your passport size photograph (between 10 to 200 kb).
- Scanned image of your post-card size photograph (between 50 to 300 kb).
- Scanned image of your signature (between 4 to 30 kb).
- Scanned image of your left thumb impression (between 10 to 50 kb).
- Scanned copy of your class 10 mark sheet/certificate(between 100 to 300 kb).
- Indian/ NRIs/ OCIs/ PIOs and foreign national candidates will be eligible to apply.
- No candidates should be younger than 17-year-old as of 31st December 2021 and older than 25.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognised board.
- Candidates should have passed class 12 in physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology and English.
- Candidates must possess 50% marks (45% for PH and 40% for SC/ ST) in their qualifying examination.