Planning a traditional Thanksgiving dinner? Here's a list to help you out
- Thanksgiving is an annual national holiday in the US, Canada
- President Abraham Lincoln declared it a national day of thanksgiving in 1863
- It is celebrated on fourth Thursday of November every year
If you are a FRIENDS fan, you must be knowing what Thanksgiving day and its dinner is all about. For those who don't know anything about this, here is everything that you need to know about the big day for Americans.
President Abraham Lincoln declared it a national day of thanksgiving in 1863, celebrating the first harvest of the first Pilgrims and Puritans to lands in America in 1621. Thanksgiving is an annual national holiday in the United States and Canada since then.
It is a celebration of the harvest and other blessings of the past year and is celebrated on fourth Thursday of November every year. This day it will be celebrated on November 25. On this day, all the family members gather, pray and share a traditional Thanksgiving feast, which include roast turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie.
Here's a list of must have Thanksgiving dishes and their quick recipes:
- Roast Turkey: This is one of a wholesome dish, which can feed the whole family. You can choose not to make every other dish on the list but cannot leave roast turkey. It is the most important dish in the Thanksgiving dinner menu as it's the most traditional meat in America. Simply stuff it with grains and sausages and roast it in oven. Here is your delicious turkey waiting for you.
- Mashed Potatoes: Who doesn't love mashed potatoes? Potatoes, butter, cream or milk and cheese, bake it in oven and here is your creamy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Don't forget to season it with salt and black pepper.
- Green Beans: Americans never forget to add green to their meal. There are number of vegetables harvested in this season, so they use them for their Thanksgiving dinner. One of the vegetables is the green beans. The soft beans with gravy cooked in a pot is a must have.
- Cranberry Sauce: Turkey is here, but where is its sauce. Here it is. A turkey is incomplete without the cranberry sauce. Take lots of cranberries, boil them in sugar added water. After they are done, mash them finely and cool them in fridge. Your sauce is ready to serve.
- Pumpkin Pie: You all want a desert after a wholesome meal. Also no celebration is complete without a sweet dish. So, pumpkin pie is here to satisfy your sweet craving at the last of the very special Thanksgiving dinner. There are several pies served after the dinner, including Apple pie and Pecan pie along with Pumpkin pie.
Food is always a big part of any celebration all around the world and Thanksgiving day is no different.
Try out these recipes and celebrate this Thanksgiving Day delicious food and love.