Ben Stokes to retire from ODIs: All stats of the allrounder in ODI cricket
- Ben Stokes was recently announced the captain of the English Test team
- He will play his last ODI vs South Africa on Tuesday
- His heroics in the final led England to the 2019 WC win
Here's the look at all the stats in ODIs by the 2019 WC final hero:
1. In the 104 ODIs that he has played, Stokes batted in 89 of them, remaining not out in 15 of them.
2. He scored 2919 runs with an average of 39.44 and a strike rate of 95.26.
3. He has 21 half centuries and 3 tons to his name in ODI cricket.
4. Of the 3064 balls he faced, he struck 288 of them for 4s and 88 of them for 6s.
5. At home, he has batted in 49 ODIs, where he scored 1762 runs with an average of 44.05 and a strike rate of 94.
6. He has a good average (44.05) at home but a better strike rate (97.14) away.
7. He had a phenomenal performance t the 2019 WC as a batter. Out of the 11 matches he played, he batted in 10 of them and remained not out in 3 of them. He scored with a strike rate of 93.18 and at the end of the tournament, had a phenomenal average of 66.42.
8. He has consistently batted well at the 5th position, where he also averages the most (48.65).
9. His best batting figure is 102* vs Australia in the 2017 Champions Trophy.
10. He is also a decent 5th bowler for England, taking 74 wickets with an economy of 6.02.
11. His best bowling figures are 5/61 he took against Australia in 2014.
12. He has been one of England best fielders, taking 49 catches in the 101 innings he fielded.