India vs England 3rd ODI: Records, statistics and pitch report
- The second ODI was won by England
- The series decider will be played at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground
- India have not defeated England in an ODI in Manchester since 1983
After thrashing India by 100 runs, England now face the visitors at Old Trafford Cricket Ground in the series decider. After the Test series was drawn at 2-2 and India won the T20 series 2-1, a perfect stage has been set in what has been a thrilling tour.
After the bowling masterclass by Bumrah and Topley in the 1st and 2nd T20 respectively, all eyes will be set on the final match of the series and the tour.
Here is the head-to-head record of both the teams as they play the 3rd ODI at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground:
1. England has won 27 of the 42 ODIs they have played here. They've lost 14 ODIs, and one game was called off.
2. India has played 11 one-day internationals in Manchester, winning 5 of them while losing the other 6.
3. India and England have faced here 4 times, with England winning 3 of the encounters. The last time India won against England here was at the 1983 World Cup semifinal. India had defeated the host nation by 6 wickets and went on to win the World Cup under Kapil Dev's leadership.
5. England's last five ODIs: W L W W W W
Here are some of the stats of ODI at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground:
1. No. of matches the the team batting first won: 26
2. No. of matches the team batting second won: 28
3.Average score for the team batting first:
4. Highest score at the the Old Trafford: 397/6 (England-2019)
5. Lowest score at the the Old Trafford:45/10 (Canada-1979)
Here’s the pitch report of the Old Trafford Cricket Ground:
The Old Trafford pitch features good bounce and carry, which will keep the pacers slightly more engaged. Up in North England, the weather is frequently dismal and dreary. The unusual weather pattern helps the bowlers, but if enough effort is put up by the batsmen, they can also score some runs. Notably, in the last ODI, England pulled off the highest ODI chase ever against Australia.