India vs England ODIs: 5 players to watch out for
- India and England will play a three-match ODI series
- The first ODI begins on Tuesday at the Oval
- This will be Buttler's first ODI series as skipper
Let's look at five players to keep an eye on with the opening match slated for Tuesday:
1. Suryakumar Yadav: Suryakumar gave us another exhilarating glimpse at the whole scope of his special wristy talent with his 55-ball 117, which helped India come close to a mammoth 215-run target. He showcased a combination of fearless, persistent, methodical, and leisurely hitting. Moreover, he is the only Indian batsman to have a strike rate of 150+ after 10 T20I innings.
2. Hardik Pandya: The all-rounder already has had a fantastic first half this year. After leading Gujarat Titans to their debut title win, he also led the India Team's whitewash of Ireland. And his all-around in the 1st T20 against England has only made him India's premier finisher and a handy fourth seamer.
3. Jos Buttler: Jos Buttler, who is set to lead England, will be the team's mainstay in the ODI series. He is expected to step down as opener and finish for the side.
4. Jonny Bairstow: This has been Bairstow's year. Scoring five centuries already in the longers format of the game, the wicketkeeper batsman will be keen to carry this form in the ODI series. He averaged over 50 in the India-England test series coming in at No.5. However, the batsman is likely to open in the following series.
5. Virat Kohli: So far, English bowlers have managed to keep the Indian run machine silent. "I don't know who these experts are and why they're called experts. I don't get that," Rohit hit back after questions were being raised around the batter's form. And if anything that the law of averages teaches us, we are all due for a Kohli masterclass. Fans were reminded of that in a short and sweet innings played by the former skipper in the 3rd T20.