Legendary wrestler Rick Flair says he and WWE 'didn't see eye to eye'
- Legendary wrestler Rick Flair was released by WWE on Monday
- In an interview, the 72-year-old said he and WWE didn't see "eeye to eye" on certain business opportunities
- "It happens sometimes in business; you just don't see eye to eye," he said
Legendary wrestler Rick Flair has revealed the reason behind his WWE release. The 72-year-old said in an interview that he and WWE didn't see "eye-to-eye" on certain business opportunities.
"We just didn't see eye to eye on some business opportunities that I wanted to pursue, so I asked for my release. There has been no animosity and everything has been on friendly terms. It happens sometimes in business; you just don't see eye to eye," he said in an interview with PEOPLE.
"But how could I have any animosity towards the company who made me who I am? They literally made me who I am. Some of my best friends in the world work at the company. How could I possibly be upset with the company where my daughter is currently the most decorated women's wrestler in history?" he added.
Flair, who had re-signed with the WWE just last year, was released on Monday. He was used in the storyline between Charlotte Flair and Lacey Evans heading into WrestleMania 37.
Following the release, Flair took to Twitter to say that he is "not upset" with WWE.
"I am officially able to respond to all the press related to my requested release from WWE, which they have given me. I want to make it really clear with everyone that I'm not upset with WWE at all. They solely are responsible for putting me in the position of life that I'm in right now, where I'm seen in the brightest light ever. We have a different vision for my future. I wish them nothing but continued success! Thank you for everything! Nothing but respect!" he said in a statement on Twitter.
Meanwhile, Flair’s daughter, Charlotte Flair, continues her association with WWE and recently lost the RAW Women’s title bout to Nikki A.S.H.