Patrick Mahomes and Jalen Hurts, two of the biggest stars of NFL 2022, locked horns at the Super Bowl 2023. Their teams – Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles – topped their respective divisions.

Hurts scored three rushing touchdowns to keep Philadelphia in the contest as Mahomes kept battling with an injured ankle. It is very likely that one of them will be named the Super Bowl MVP.

Also Read | Referee Carl Cheffers trolled after James Bradberry penalty costs Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl 2023 vs Patrick Mahomes’ Kansas City Chiefs

How to vote?

Fans and the media vote on the Super Bowl MVP. Sixteen media members cast an MVP ballot and their vote accounts for 80%. The other 20% is the fans’ share.

Fans can go to to cast their vote.

Also Read | Why is Patrick Mahomes’ helmet so high? Fans wonder as Kansas City Chiefs take on Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl 2023

The NFL handpicks 16 media members covering the game to cast an MVP ballot. The Super Bowl MVP can come from the losing team but it’s very rare.

For the second time in the last four seasons, the Kansas City Chiefs have become Super Bowl champions. Rebounding from 10 points down at halftime, the Chief scored touchdowns on each of their first three possessions in the second half to bag a 38-35 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. The Chiefs became the second team in NFL history to come back from a double-digit halftime deficit to win Super Bowl LVII.

Also Read | Rihanna trolled for allegedly lip syncing during Super Bowl 2023 halftime show performance

The player with the most Super Bowl rings also has the most Super Bowl MVPs. Tom Brady was named MVP in five of his seven championship triumphs. He won four Super Bowl MVPs with the New England Patriots and one with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The only other players with multiple Super Bowl MVPs are Joe Montana with 3, Terry Bradshaw with 2, Eli Manning 2, and Bart Starr with 2.

Also Read | ‘Go Girl’: Chris Brown posts cryptic message on Instagram as Rihanna performs at Super Bowl 2023 halftime show

The quarterback position has given the most Super Bowl MVPs by a wide margin. A quarterback has won MVP honors in 31 of the 56 Super Bowls. The Position with the second highest Super Bowl MVPs is a wide receiver at eight.