Tokyo, Sep 3 (PTI) Not quite satisfied despite becoming the first Indian woman to win two Paralympic medals, shooter Avani Lekhara on Friday said she had it in her to perform better at the ...
Visit to shooting range was meant to cheer up an angry girl, culminated in Paralympics gold: Avani's father
Jaipur, Aug 30 (PTI) When Avani Lekhara's father Praveen took her to a shooting range for the first time in 2015, the purpose was to "cheer up an angry" girl and bring back a semblance of ...
- Lekhara won the gold in the Women's 10m air rifle category at Tokyo Paralympics 2020
- 'I can't describe this feeling. It's unexplainable,' said Avani
- Lekhara suffered a spinal injury in 2012 at the age of 11
- Next Olympics cycle will be tricky because of the shorter cycle, Abhinav Bindra said
- Tokyo Olympics was postponed by a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- The shooter said that bringing in scientific methods will be critical going forward
Mumbai, Aug 19 (PTI) India's first individual Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra on Thursday said the road to the 2024 Paris Games will be difficult and "tricky" given the shorter three-year ...
- Neeraj Chopra won the gold medal in Olympics javelin throwing event
- He is the second individual gold medallist from India
- Abhinav Bindra had a heartfelt message for Chopra
Jammu, Aug 7 (PTI) People poured into the streets in different parts of Jammu, bursting crackers and dancing to the beats of drums and Bollywood songs, to celebrate athlete Neeraj Chopra's ...
- India has three fourth-position finished at Rio Olympics
- Athlete Milkha Singh finished fourth at the 1960 Rome Olympics
- Weightlifter Kunjarani Devi narrowly missed out on a bronze
Dehradun, Aug 7 (PTI) Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on Saturday congratulated javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra for winning the gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics and said it was the ...