3 April.Washington D.C., DC, USA
Security officials mobilised in the US Capitol complex. (Photo Credit: AFP)
- Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer wrote "We're in their debt" referring to the US Capitol Police
- Republican Senator Mitch McConnell said he was "praying" for the victims
- DHS Secretary Mayorkas offered the agency's full support to the authorities
27 March.Washington D.C., DC, USA
An assessment may be conducted by Alejandro Mayorkas as per DHS officials to reconstitute members from both parties. (Photo Credit: Twitter/@SecMayorkas)
- Department of Homeland Security's advisory council is unpaid and independant
- Members advise the department on issues like immigration and terrorism
- More than 30 board members were removed
Washington, Mar 24 (PTI) The Biden administration has announced the re-establishment of the Homeland Security Dialogue with India that was discontinued by the previous Trump dispensation.
22 March.Washington D.C., DC, USA
Homeland Security secretary said that the policies inherited from Donald Trump's administration has made the task more complicated. (Photo Credit: AFP)
- Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said on Sunday, 'The border is closed'
- The statement comes when Biden team is being criticised for its immigration policy
- Secretary said, 'Now is not the time to come, do not come, The journey is dangerous'
21 March.Washington D.C., DC, USA
US Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas on Sunday refused to provide a timeline for when President Joe Biden's administration will open new facilities. (Photo Credit: Twitter/@AliMayorkas)
- "The border is closed," Alejandro Mayorkas said
- Mayorkas said, "We are working around the clock 24/7"
- The US is on pace to see two million undocumented migrants arrival this year
18 March.Washington D.C., DC, USA
. (Photo Credit: Twitter/@AliMayorkas)