.Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
BJP MP Tirath Singh Rawat will be the chief minister of Uttarakhand.
- 56-year-old Tirath Singh is a BJP MP and was the state party chief from 2013-15
- He was an MLA from the state in the past
- Trivendra Singh Rawat resigned from his post on Tuesday
.New Delhi, Delhi, India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will meet the Chief Ministers of all states on Monday to discuss COVID-19 vaccine rollout. (PTI Photo)
- India is preparing for the world's largest vaccination programme against coronavirus that starts on Saturday
- The interaction between PM Modi and states CMs comes over a week after India cleared two vaccines
- PM Modi on Saturday said that starting January 16, "India's nation-wide vaccination drive begins"
.Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
MP CM was speaking at a Good Governance Day organised to remember Atal Bihari Vajpayee. (Photo Credit: Twitter/@Shivrajsinghchouhan)
- "Leave Madhya Pradesh, otherwise I will bury you 10 feet deep into the ground", said Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Good governance, which means a regime where people don't face any trouble, added Chauhan
- The CM was speaking at the event in Babai in Hoshangabad district
.Kolkata, West Bengal, India
West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee addressing a press meet. (Photo Credits: PTI/File)
- West Bengal CM said that people of the state will not accept insults towards the 'luminaries of Bengal'
- Mamata Banerjee said she does not recall being invited to the centenary function
- She said she would protest against the insult meted out to Amartya Sen
.Patna, Bihar, India
Although Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) won lesser seats than previous elections, he is still the most likely candidate to fill the post of CM. (Photo Credit: PTI)