Mumbai, Jul 24 (PTI) A court here has rejected the bail plea of two officials and a director of the commercial barge that sank off Mumbai coast during Cyclone Tauktae in May, in which 71 ...
Mumbai, Jul 20 (PTI) Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari on Tuesday felicitated the Commanding Officers of INS Kochi and INS Kolkata, who were instrumental in saving the lives crew ...
- Mumbai's Doppler radar broke a day before Cyclone Tauktae brushed past the city's coastline
- A Doppler radar emits beams of energy, radio waves, from its antenna
- It can be used to determine the distance of the storm or tornado
- Nine members of a family were killed when first incident took place on Wednesday
- The Maharashtra government announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh each to the kin of those who lost their lives
- One person died in a separate incident of house crash at Dahisar
- The cause behind this sea surge is the rapid warming of the Indian Ocean waters, say experts
- They addressed the issue during a webinar on World Environment Day
- It was organised by the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI)
Ahmedabad, Jun 2 (PTI) The Gujarat government has announced a relief package of Rs 105 crore for fishermen affected by cyclone Tauktae which caused severe damage in the state's coastal belt last ...
New Delhi, Jun 2 (PTI) Delhi recorded a minimum temperature of 22.2 degrees Celsius, five notches below the normal, on Wednesday morning while light rain is likely during the day, the India ...
- India is now producing more than 10 times medical oxygen, PM Modi said
- India was facing a shortage of medical oxygen during second wave of COVID-19 in April
- More lives were saved in the recent cyclones compared to past, PM Modi said
- "COVID-19 is the worst pandemic in the last 100 years," Prime Minister Narendra Modi said
- Alongside COVID-19, India faced two major cyclones in the past 10 days, PM Modi said
- PM Modi said, "We all stand steadfastly with those who have suffered losses" during cyclone Tauktae and Yaas
Mumbai, May 27 (PTI) The Maharashtra government on Thursday approved a Rs 252-crore relief package for people in the coastal districts affected by cyclone Tauktae.