- Oil spilled from Baniyas oil refinery on Syria’s Mediterranean coast
- The oil slick now threatens to affect the ecologically-sensitive Cyprus islands
- The slick has spread to the town of Jableh
Sunken Forest located off at a coast in Cyprus. (Photo Credit: Representational Image/Unsplash)
- A sunken forest is located off the coast of Pernera beach in Ayia Napa, Cyprus.
- This is a project with the intent of highlighting "rewilding our natural spaces"
- It has an entry on Pernera Beach, which leads to an entrance with a floating platform that goes down to the underwater sculptures.
Trees burn in a forest on the slopes of the Throodos mountain chain, as a giant fire rages on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus. (Photo credit: AFP)
- The deadly fire in Cyprus has claimed four lives on Monday
- The wildfire is said to be the worst in decades
- The fire razed tracts of forest and gutted dozens of homes
A helicopter drops water over the mountain of Troodos in Agious Vavatsinias village, southwestern Cyprus. (Photo Credit: AP/PTI)