Islamabad, Sep 16 (PTI) Pakistan’s National Security Adviser Moeed Yusuf has said that the ‘wait and watch’ policy on recognising the Taliban regime in Afghanistan was flawed and could result in ...
Armed Taliban fighters take over Afghanistan's presidential palace (Photo Credit: AP)
- Abdul Ghani Baradar and Khalil ur-Rahman Haqqani argued over credit for Taliban takeover
- Baradar is also 'unhappy' about the structure of the Taliban interim government
- The Haqqani Network has said played a key role in Taliban's resurgence
.New Delhi, Delhi, India
Kabul: In this handout photograph released by the Taliban, senior Haqqani group leader Anas Haqqani, right, speaks to Abdullah Abdullah, head of Afghanistan's National Reconciliation Council and former government negotiator with the Taliban, in Kabul, Afg
- The Americans feted the 'Haqqani Network' during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan
- Ex- US President Ronald Raegan called the group's founder Jalaluddin a 'freedom fighter'
- Haqqani Network's current head Sirajuddin is interior minister in Taliban's 'acting' government
Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid speaks at his first news conference, in Kabul. (Photo credit: AP)
- Afghanistan's interior minister Sirrajudin Haqqani is a name on the United State's terror list.
- As per Taliban this is a violation of the Doha agreement.
- They demand a reversal of incorrect policies through diplomatic interactions.
Washington, Sep 9 (PTI) The US is not in a rush to recognise the new Taliban-led interim government in Afghanistan but was engaged with the people who are now overseeing and controlling the ...