New Delhi, May 28 (PTI) The Supreme Court Friday said it would hear on May 31 a plea seeking directions to cancel the class 12 exams of the CBSE and Council for the Indian School Certificate ...
The ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) on Tuesday canceled class 10 board examinations in view of a rise in COVID-19 cases across the country. (Photo credit: Envato Elements)
- "The safety and wellbeing of our students and teaching faculty is our topmost priority and of paramount interest," board said
- On April 16, the board had deferred the board exams of classes 10 and 12
- Class 12 exams (offline) will now be conducted at a later date
People in Chennai are spotted waiting for their turn to receive vaccine shot for coronavirus amidst rising COVID-19 cases in India. (Photo credit: PTI)
- India has currently racked up a total number of 14.3 million COVID-19 cases
- ICSE defers board exams for class 10, 12, and the new dates to be announced in June
- There is no restriction on inter-state movement of medical oxygen
The ICSE will closely monitor the situation before taking a call in June, the chief executive said. (Photo credit: PTI).
- The class 10 and 12 exams were to be held from May 4
- Class 10 students will get an option to either appear in offline exams or be evaluated on certain criteria
- CBSE has cancelled its class 10 board exams and deferred the class 12 board exam
The decision came in light of the alarming rise in COVID-19 cases in the country. (PTI Photo)
- CBSE has cancelled the board exams for Class 10, while postponing it for Class 12
- The decision came after a meeting of the education ministry officials with Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Educationists have welcomed the decision, calling it "sensible"
Students, wearing masks, attend a class at a school, amid COVID-19 pandemic, in Kozhikode. (Photo credit: PTI)
- The announcement comes amid a surge in COVID-19 cases across the country
- The ISCE class 10 exams are scheduled to begin from May 5 and class 12 exams have already started from April 8
- The CBSE on Wednesday cancelled class 10 board exams and postponed the class 12 papers
CBSE has cancelled board exams for class 10. (Photo credit: Envato Elements)
- The Education Ministry on Wednesday cancelled CBSE Class 10 board exams
- Class 12 board exams have been postponed
- The decision was taken amid a massive surge in COVID-19 cases
Bhopal, Apr 14 (PTI) The Madhya Pradesh government has declared summer holidays for two months for students of Classes 1 to 8 in the state in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The CISCE cancelled last year's board exams for class 10 and 12 due to the coronavirus pandemic. (Photo Credit: Unsplash)