Mumbai, Apr 9 (PTI) The country's foreign exchange reserves declined by USD 2.415 billion to stand at USD 576.869 billion in the week ended April 2, RBI data showed on Friday. In the ...
- The broad-based S&P 500 climbed 0.4% to 4,097.17
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 0.2% to 33,503.57
- The tech-rich Nasdaq Composite Index jumped 1.0% to 13,829.31
- IMF said that its immediate priorities are to continue supporting people and firms
- It is important that public finance remains under control, it said
- IMF stated that debt worldwide increased sharply to 97% of GDP in 2020
- As per IMF's forecast, India's economy will grow by 12.5% in this financial year
- China and the US will grow by 8.4% and 6.4%, respectively
- Last year, the global economy contracted by 3.3%
- IMF MD Christine Georgieva asserted that the outlook was brighter as millions were benefitting from vaccinations
- It was also boosted by policy support, especially in the US
- Without fiscal and monetary measures, there would have been another Great Depression, Georgieva said
Washington, Apr 8 (PTI) India's debt to GDP ratio increased from 74 per cent to 90 per cent during the COVID-19 pandemic, the International Monetary Fund has said, noting that it expects this to ...
Beijing, Apr 7 (PTI) The IMF has increased China's GDP projection to 8.4 per cent for this year, a 10-year high, but its chief economist Gita Gopinath cautioned that economic growth in the ...
Washington, Apr 7 (PTI) There is evidence of normalisation of economic activities in India, IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath has said ahead of the annual spring meeting of the International ...