#India China ties

.New Delhi, Delhi, India
Chief of Army Staff Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane speaks during the 73rd Army Day Parade in New Delhi in January. (Photo Credit: PTI)

  • Army Chief Gen Naravane called the disengagement of armies of India and China in Ladakh as a "very good end result"
  • He said there were no signs of an "overt collusion" between China and Pakistan during the Ladakh standoff
  • From the beginning of the standoff, all sides on the Indian side worked together, the Army chief said

.New Delhi, Delhi, India
India and China have pulled back troops and weapons from North and South banks of Pangong Tso. (Photo Credit: AP/PTI)

  • The tenth round of Corps Commander-level talks began at 10 am at the Moldo border point
  • During the talks, India insisted on a faster disengagement process in areas like Hot Springs, Gogra and Depsang
  • Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had announced in Parliament that India and China had agreed on disengagement

.Beijing, China
Indian and Chinese troops and tanks disengage from the banks of Pangong lake area in eastern Ladakh where they had been deployed opposite each other for almost ten months now. (PTI File Photo)

  • China's Central Military Commission has honoured five soldiers who died in Galwan clashes
  • China will commemorate their contributions to the nation for defending national sovereignty and territory
  • This is the first acknowledgement of casualties on their side during the June 20 clashes  

.Washington D.C., DC, USA
The Quad alliance was formed in 2007 to counter Chinese aggression in the Indo-Pacific region (Photo Credit: AFP File)

  • The Quad alliance constitutes of US, India, Japan and Australia
  • The alliance conducted a naval excercise in the Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal in 2020
  • The need for solidifying the alliance has been demonstrated by all four members 

.New Delhi, Delhi, India
A K Antony warned that the government is not understanding the importance of this disengagement and creation of the buffer zone. (Photo Credit: PTI)

  • Congress leader A K Antony said the increase in defence budget this year is meagre and insignificant
  • He said it was saddening that the government was not giving proper priority to national security
  • According to him disengagement should not be done at the cost of national security

.New Delhi, Delhi, India
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of handing over Indian territory to China. (Photo Credit: AP/PTI)

  • The Ministry of Defence said India has prevented any unilateral change in the status quo
  • It said that permanent posts of both sides at north bank of Pangong Tso are longstanding
  • Rahul Gandhi asked what has India gained from the troops moving back 

.New Delhi, Delhi, India
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh gives his statement at Lok Sabha on the prolonged India-China stand off in eastern Ladakh. (PTI Photo)

  • "Our objective was to effect disengagement and maintain status quo along the LAC so as to restore peace and tranquillity"
  • Our Armed Forces responded to challenges by unilateral Chinese action: Rajnath Singh in Lok Sabha
  • "India has told China that both sides will follow all the agreements made by them"

.New Delhi, Delhi, India
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday briefed the Rajya Sabha on the situation along the LAC in eastern Ladakh. (Photo Credit: PTI)

  • India and China have agreed on disengagement at the north and south banks of Pangong Lake, Rajnath Singh said
  • Both countries will remove forward deployments in a "phased, coordinated and verified manner," he said
  • "China is also aware of our resolve to protect the sovereignty of the country," Singh said in the Rajya Sabha

.New Delhi, Delhi, India
S Jaishankar said ties between India and China can only be improved with mutual intentions. (Photo Credit: PTI)

  • External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said China showed willingness to breach peace
  • India is yet to receive an explanation from China regarding the deployment of troops in border areas
  • Jaishankar said further development of the stand-off will effect the whole world

.New Delhi, Delhi, India
Ji Rong, spokesperson of Chinese Embassy in India has issued a statement regarding the banned Chinese apps. (Photo Credit: Twitter/@ChinaSpox_India)

  • Last year, India banned 59 Chinese apps
  • This month, the central upheld the ban
  • "We urge the Indian side to immediately correct its discriminatory measures," Chinese embassy said in a statement