- National Sports Day is celebrated on August 29 to mark the birth anniversary of hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Dhyan Chand helped India win three consecutive Olympic gold medals in 1928, 1932 and 1936
- His abilities with the hockey stick earned him nicknames like ‘Hockey Wizard’ and ‘The Magician’
Chandigarh, Aug 20 (PTI) The Haryana Assembly on Friday paid rich tributes to iconic sprinter Milkha Singh, former state Governor Jagannath Pahadia, and some other prominent personalities who ...
Chandigarh, Aug 12 (PTI) Olympic bronze medal-winning national men’s hockey team players and 10 other sportspersons from Punjab were on Thursday felicitated by the state government for their ...
Star Air announces free airline tickets for a lifetime to all the Indian medalists at Tokyo Olympics
BENGALURU, India, Aug. 10, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- To quote legendary Olympian sprinter Milkha Singh, "Hard work, willpower, and dedication. For any person with these qualities, sky is the limit." ...
- India has three fourth-position finished at Rio Olympics
- Athlete Milkha Singh finished fourth at the 1960 Rome Olympics
- Weightlifter Kunjarani Devi narrowly missed out on a bronze
- Milkha Singh wanted to hear the national anthem in a stadium...his dream has been fulfilled, Neeraj Chopra said
- Neeraj Chopra produced a second-round throw of 87.58m in the finals to win the gold medal
- Neeraj Chopra is now India's second individual gold medal winner at the Olympics
- Milkha went on to win gold in the 400m and 4x400m relay in the 1962 Asian Games
- Late Milkha Singh had missed out on a medal by a whisker
- Singh finished in the fourth place
- Neeraj Chopra has not just won for India but his win has realised the dream of two legendary athletes
- History has been made, Milkha Singh Ji's wish is fulfilled, Kiren Rijiju tweeted
- Celebrating the "golden moment", another legend PT Usha tweeted, "Thank you my son"
New Delhi, Aug 7 (PTI) They say fourth is the worst place to finish in the Olympics. If last is the most embarrassing, fourth is the most painful. When one endures it by the narrowest of ...
Chandigarh, Jun 21 (PTI) Ace golfer and late Milkha Singh's son Jeev Milkha Singh on Monday paid tribute to the sprint legend, who died of COVID-19 complications last week, saying he would need ...