The end of talks will increase pressure on the Democrats. (Photo Credit: AP/PTI)
- President Joe Biden's talks with Republicans have collapsed on Tuesday
- Joe Biden "ended our infrastructure negotiations," said Republican Sen. Shelley Moore Capito
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell lashed out at the Democratic party
Senator Mitch McConnell is a member of Republican party.(Photo credit: AP/PTI)
- Mitch McConnell says he is 100% focused on stopping Biden's administration
- "The Administration’s counterproductive ‘COVID relief bill’ has slowed rehiring," McConnell said
- McConnell announced his opposition to the bill last week
Mitch McConnell is the Senate Minority Leader. (Photo credit: PTI)
- The vote was 54 to 35 as six GOP senators voted in favour of the bill
- The US Capitol riot led to the deaths of five people and injured about 140 police officers
- The 9/11 commission had seen 35 GOP senators voting in its favour
Senate minority leader Mitch McConnel spoke about the Israel-Hamas conflict on Tuesday (Photo Credit: AP/PTI)
- Mitch McConnell called Hamas a "terrorist organistation"
- Israel was called a US ally by the GOP leader
- Israel attempts to "minimise civilian casualties" in their attacks, according to McConnell
Former US President Donald Trump's alleged involvement in the Capitol riots triggered an impeachment trial in the US Senate. (Photo Credit: AFP)
- The statements were made at a Republican National Committee meet
- Trump called McConnell a "stone-cold loser"
- The Senate minority leader did not attend the meeting
Republicans have been leading an uproar to MLB relocating their All-Star event out of Atlanta. (Photo Credit: Twitter/@GregAbbott_TX)
- Greg Abbott will not throw the ceremonial first pitch at the Texas Rangers home opener
- MLB moved the All-Star game from Atlanta to protest against Georgia voting laws
- Abbott argued that the league has been influenced by "partisan political politics"
.Atlanta, GA, USA
The MLB has moved the All Star game from Atlanta’s Truist Park. (Photo Credit: AP/PTI)
- MLB the All-Star Game and Draft from Atlanta to protest laws restricting voting rights
- Mitch McConnell warned US industry against "economic blackmail"
- The Republican leader also accused companies of bowing to "far-left mobs"
Security officials mobilised in the US Capitol complex. (Photo Credit: AFP)
- Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer wrote "We're in their debt" referring to the US Capitol Police
- Republican Senator Mitch McConnell said he was "praying" for the victims
- DHS Secretary Mayorkas offered the agency's full support to the authorities
The Capitol was attacked by rioters on January 6, 2021. (Photo Credit: congress.gov)
- There are around 5,100 Guard members on duty in the Capitol area
- Defense Secretary approved request to keep National Guard troops on ground till May 23
- Capitol grounds are surrounded by razor wire fencing
Senator Roy Blunt has served in the US House of Representatives for seven terms (Photo Credit: AFP)