- Rama Navami falls on the last day of Chaitra Navratri
- This year, the auspicious day will be celebrated on Wednesday, April 21
- The day celebrates the birthday of Hindu god Lord Rama
- Chaitra Navratri is celebrated in the month of March and April every year
- This year, the nine holy days of Navratri were from April 13 and it will end on April 21
- On the eighth and ninth day, kala chana (chickpeas), Poori and Sooji Halwa are offered to Goddess Durga
- Chaitra Navratri will be observed from April 13 to April 21 this year
- During this time, Goddess Durga is worshiped and most people observe fasts
- Enjoy the food items that can give you energy
- Katyayani Devi is worshipped on the sixth day of Navratri
- She symbolised knowledge, courage and was the one who killed demon Mahisasura
- The prayers are performed on the Shashthi tithi of Shukla Paksha in the morning
Lucknow, Apr 15 (PTI) Most of the main markets here, including Hazratganj and Aminabad, were voluntarily closed by traders for a few days on Thursday, to check the spread of COVID-19 and ...
- Navratri is also known as Sharada Navaratri or Navrata
- Devotees worship nine different forms of Goggess Durga on Navratri
- It is believed that Maa Durga killed Mahishasura, the demon who tortured the three-spheres (Trilok)
- Chaitra Navratri is celebrated for nine days
- This year Chaitra Navratri starts on April 13 and will conclude on April 22
- People worship nine different forms of Goddess Durga
Jammu, Apr 12 (PTI) Adorned with thousands of multi-hued flowers, the cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi here is all set to welcome pilgrims from Tuesday for the nine-day celebrations of ...
Ahmedabad, Mar 25 (PTI) Tourist footfalls in the renowned 'Rann Utsav' in Gujarat's Kutch region fell by over half in 2020 amid the coronavirus outbreak, the state Assembly was informed on Thursday.