Washington, May 15 (PTI) Indian-American policy expert Neera Tanden has been appointed as a senior adviser to US President Joe Biden, two months after she withdrew her nomination as Director of ...
Neera Tanden gestures as she testifies before the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs committee on Capitol Hill in Washington in February. AP/PTI(AP02_10_2021_000006B)
- Neera Tanden was earlier announced to lead the Office of Management and Budget
- She withdrew her nomination in March
- Tanden was president and CEO of CAP and CEO of the Center for American Progress Action Fund
Washington, Apr 21 (PTI) Several Indian-American lawmakers and groups have welcomed the decision of a federal grand jury in Minneapolis holding Derek Chauvin, a former police officer, guilty on ...
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said the future nominee of the Buudget office head would not be announced this week. (Photo Credit: AFP)
- Tanden "saw that path to her own confirmation was narrowed and did not look like there was a path forward": Jen Psaki
- "I would not expect and you should not expect a future nominee this week," the White House Press Secretary said
- Neera Tanden withdrew her nomination after facing opposition from Senate over her controversial tweets
Neera Tanden was Biden's pick to head the Office of Management and Budget (Photo Credit: Twitter/ @neeratanden)
- Tanden reportedly deleted thousands of tweets before her Senate hearing
- The 50-year-old called out both Republicans and Democrats
- Independent Senator Bernie Sanders lashed out at the nominee at the Senate hearing
. Neera Tanden is no longer in contention for Senate approval.(Photo Credit: Twitter/@neeratanden)