New Delhi, Mar 26 (PTI) In a big victory for the Tata Group, the Supreme Court on Friday upheld its removal of Cyrus Mistry as the executive chairman of the USD 100 billion ...
Cyrus Mistry was ousted as Tata Sons Chairman on October 24, 2016. (Photo credit: AFP)
- The Supreme Court on Friday set aside the NCLAT order on December, 2018 which restored Cyrus Mistry as the executive chairman of Tata sons
- The Tatas challenged the NCLAT decision on December 18, 2019
- On December 17, 2019 the top court had reserved its verdict in the dispute
26 March.New Delhi, Delhi, India
Cyrus Mistry had succeeded Ratan Tata as chairman of Tata Sons in 2012. (Photo credit: File/PTI)
- Cyrus Mistry was ousted four years after he succeeded Ratan Tata in 2012
- Tata Sons had told the apex court that it was not a "two-group company"
- Earlier, the SC was told that removal of Tata Sons was like a bloodsport
16 March.Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ratan Tata formerly led the Tata Group as Chairman, as well as interim Chairman from 2016 to 2017. (Photo credit: Twitter/@RNTata2000)