- Nides was a senior State Department official under president Barack Obama
- He fought attempts to cut off US funding for the Palestinians
- His nomination requires confirmation from the Senate
Washington, Jun 10 (PTI) India will be receiving a share of the 80 million (8 crores) unused COVID-19 vaccines through the UN-backed COVAX global vaccine sharing programme that President Joe ...
- The warning was issued by US State Department
- Germany, Greece and other European countries were on the reviewed list
- CDC advised travel only to those who have been fully vaccinated
- The US government is actively trying to evacuate Afghan interpreters, who worked for coalition forces
- The move is being taken to protect their safety amid fears the Taliban could target them
- Some 18,000 Afghan interpreters, commandos are waiting for visas to immigrate to the US
- Blinken met with both Israeli and Palestinian leaders during the two days of talks
- "We see the ceasefire not as an end, but as a beginning of something to build on", said Blinken
- 11 day Israel-Gaza violence was halted due to the ceasefire
Washington, May 24 (PTI) US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and visiting External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar would discuss a wide range of issues, including COVID-19, efforts to strengthen ...
Washington, May 24 (PTI) Three researchers from the Wuhan Institute of Virology sought hospital care in November 2019, weeks before Beijing disclosed the COVID-19 pandemic, a US media report ...