New Delhi, Sep 8 (PTI) It's a misconception that sports and academics cannot be pursued simultaneously, says Noida District Magistrate and Paralympic silver medal-winning shuttler Suhas ...
- The athletes were received by Haryana Sports Minister Sandeep Singh
- Amid thunderous applause, all the athletes were escorted out of the airport
- India returned with 19 medals, including five gold, eight silver and six bronze
Chandigarh, Sep 5 (PTI) Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh and his Haryana counterpart M L Khattar on Sunday congratulated Suhas Yathiraj, an IAS officer, for winning a silver medal at the ...
New Delhi, Sep 5 (PTI) President Ram Nath Kovind on Sunday congratulated bureaucrat-cum-sport star Suhas Yathiraj for winning a silver medal at Tokya Paralympics, and said his dedication in ...
- It is the pinnacle of hard work of the last six years, Suhas Yathiraj's wife said
- Suhas went down fighting to two-time world champion Lucas Mazur
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, too, congratulated the athlete
- Suhas Yathiraj is a district magistrate of Gautam Buddh Nagar (Noida)
- He is a 2007-batch IAS officer with a leg impairment
- Yathiraj graduated as a computer engineer from NIT Karnataka
- Suhas Yathiraj lost to France's Lucas Mazur
- He became the first IAS officer to win a Paralympic medal
- He competed in the badminton men's singles SL 4 class event
Noida, Sep 4 (PTI) History beckons Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Suhas Lalinakere Yathiraj when he steps into the court for the badminton finals at the Paralympics in Tokyo on ...
- Suhas Yathiraj dispatched his opponent in 31 minutes
- The Noida District Magistrate will face Lucas Mazur of France in the final
- He beat Indonesia's Fredy Setiawan 21-9, 21-15 in the semifinal
Tokyo, Sep 4 (PTI) The Indian trioka of Pramod Bhagat, Suhas Yathiraj and Krishna Nagar sailed into the men's singles finals of the badminton event in their respective classifications at the ...