Lucknow, Apr 21 (PTI) The three-member inquiry commission probing the encounter killings of gangster Vikas Dubey and five of his alleged associates has given a clean chit to Uttar Pradesh Police ...
- Supreme Court put a stay on Allahabad's High Court order to impose lockdown in five cities
- SC has also asked the Uttar Pradesh government to submit steps it has taken to control the coronavirus numbers
- The order comes in a day after HC's decision to impose a weeklong lockdown in the five cities
- The Uttar Pradesh government argued that the high court does not have the domain to issue any such direction
- CJI Sharad A Bobde-led Supreme Court bench decided to hear the matter on Tuesday
- The government had earlier noted that it would not be imposing a lockdown
New Delhi, Apr 20 (PTI) To ensure social distancing, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Tuesday temporarily closed entry points of several metro stations.
New Delhi, Apr 15 (PTI) Supreme Court judge Justice M R Shah Thursday said that all staff members at his official residence have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus and “things are getting scary”.
Thiruvananthapuram, Apr 15 (PTI) Former ISRO scientist S Nambi Narayanan on Thursday welcomed the Supreme Court direction to handover to CBI the report of a high-level inquiry committee, on the ...
New Delhi, Apr 15 (PTI) Here are the latest updates on the coronavirus crisis in India and other parts of the world on Thursday.
- The apex court said that advocates and court staff must undergo RT-PCR or a Rapid Antigen Test
- This comes after 44 of 90 court employees tested positive for coronavirus
- India on Tuesday recorded its highest daily count of 184,372 new cases of COVID-19
Melbourne, Apr 14 (PTI) A 48-year-old Indian-origin drug-affected and sleep deprived truck driver was jailed on Wednesday for 22 years for ploughing his heavy vehicle into Australian police ...