- Taliban has said foreign forces should hold 'no hope' of keeping a military presence in Afghanistan
- This comes as western diplomats figure out how to provide security in future for civilians
- Taliban also said that the security of airports, embassies should be the Afghan's reponsibility
- Ilhan Omar faced backlash over her remarks about "unthinkable atrocities”
- 12 Jewish House Democrats issued a rare public letter of disapproval against her
- Republicans and Democrats demand she clarify her remarks or call for punishment
New Delhi, Jun 10 (PTI) India on Thursday said it is in touch with various stakeholders in Afghanistan in pursuance of its long-term commitment towards peace, development and reconstruction of ...
Al Qaeda leader Aiman al-Zawahiri believed to be in border region of Afghanistan and Pakistan, probably alive but too frail: UN report
United Nations, Jun 5 (PTI) A significant part of the Al-Qaeda leadership resides in the Afghanistan and Pakistan border region, including the group’s elusive leader Aiman al-Zawahiri, who is ...
Islamabad, Jun 4 (PTI) Pakistan’s National Security Adviser Dr Moeed Yusuf has said that the hasty withdrawal of the US troops from Afghanistan was not a good idea and Washington has assured ...
Washington, Jun 2 (PTI) The US Central Command has said that an estimated 30 to 44 per cent of American troops have been withdrawn from Afghanistan until last month, inching closer to achieve ...
Islamabad, Jun 1 (PTI) Terrorists attacked a Pakistani security post and later targeted a military vehicle carrying IED, killing at least four paramilitary soldiers and injuring eight others in ...
- The US government is actively trying to evacuate Afghan interpreters, who worked for coalition forces
- The move is being taken to protect their safety amid fears the Taliban could target them
- Some 18,000 Afghan interpreters, commandos are waiting for visas to immigrate to the US
- Since the surge in Taliban attacks, thousands of people have been displaced across Helmand
- Many have resettled in the capital Lashkar Gah
- Some have joined other refugees in the ruins
Washington, May 22 (PTI) Pakistan has allowed the US military to have overflight and access to be able to support its presence in Afghanistan, a top Pentagon official has told lawmakers.