9 April.Bessemer, AL, USA
Activists and political leaders supported the union drive, citing concerns over a high-pressure environment. (Photo Credits: Unsplash)
- The National Labor Relations Board officials counted more than 1,608 "no"
- A total of 3,215 ballots were cast
- Amazon contended that a majority did not want a union
3 April.New Delhi, Delhi, India
Union Home Minister Amit Shah addressing a press conference in New Delhi. (Photo Credit: PTI)
- Several media houses had reported on MHA's letter to the Punjab government
- According to them, the MHA said migrant labourers from Bihar and UP were exploited and drugged in Punjab
- MHA on Saturday termed the reporting regarding the issue as "misleading"
Germany is Amazon's second largest market in the world after the US. (Photo Credit: Representational image/Unsplash)
- The union said the sites in Rheinberg, Werne, Koblenz, Leipzig and two other locations have unofficially agreed to the talks
- Amazon in Germany has found itself embroiled in longstanding battles over better pay and work conditions since 2013
- The e-commerce giant said that during its previous strikes, about 90% employees went about their tasks in a usual manner
17 March.London, UK
Uber had argued that requiring drivers to be classified as employees would leave jobs only for a small fraction of its drivers. (Photo Credit: Representative Image/Unsplash)