A 100-year-old former concentration camp guard has been charged with complicity in 3,51i8 murders in Germany. (Representative Image/Unsplash)
- The man stands accused of "knowingly and willingly" assisting in the murder of prisoners
- He is accused of assisting murders at the Sachsenhausen camp in Oranienburg, north of Berlin, between 1942 and 1945
- He is considered fit to stand trial despite his age, the public prosecutor's office in the town of Neuruppin
The accused is a former secretary of the Stutthof Nazi concentration camp. (Photo Credit: Representational/ Unsplash)
- German prosecutors have not named the woman
- She has been charged with "aiding and abetting murder in more than 10,000 cases"
- Nearly 6 million Jews were killed in Nazi concentration camps during World War II
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny stands in a cage during a hearing on his charges for defamation, in the Babuskinsky District Court in Moscow on Friday. (Photo Credit: AP/PTI)
- Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny went on trial Friday on charges of defaming a World War II veteran
- His trial came days after he was handed a nearly three-year prison term
- The prison term sparked an international outcry
Navalny is already facing detention due to violating a suspended notice in Russia. (Photo: AP/PTI)
- Reportedly, Navalny accused a World War II veteran and others as 'the shame of the country'
- The 44-year-old was attacked with poison gas in August 2020
- He was detained on Monday
. (Photo Credit: Representative Image/Unsplash)
- Adolf Hitler's autobiography 'Mein Kampf' first came out in 1925
- The book will be only the second annotated edition of 'Mein Kampf'
- Poland's Chief Rabbi Michael Schudrich said an academic edition could be 'a positive thing'
Under South Korea's centre-left President Moon Jae-in, ties between Japan and South Korea have deteriorated. (Photo Credit: Twitter/@moonriver365)