Try these delicious and healthy recipes from your favourite celebrities
- Being mindful of what you are eating might be the most challenging part of staying healthy
- A balanced diet plan is the key when it comes to staying fit and active
- Eating healthy doesn’t necessarily mean cutting out the foods we love
Being mindful of what you are eating might be the most challenging part of staying healthy. While it’s easy to indulge in our favourite foods, but getting back in shape after having those extra fries and burgers is not easy. That is why having a balanced diet plan is the key when it comes to staying fit and active.
Well, eating healthy doesn’t necessarily mean cutting out the foods we love, but it’s all about eating more of the kinds of foods that our bodies need to perform.
A lot of celebrities have been open about what they eat regularly, and they credit the food they eat for keeping them feeling and look great. Let’s take a look at what your favourite celebs are cooking:
Masaba Gupta loves good food but she makes sure what she consumes is also healthy.
The ace fashion designer took to Instagram to talk about her craving for burger and fries. So, she opted for a healthier homemade alternative. Posting a picture of her delicious platter, Masaba wrote, “So did a mixed veggie patty on a gluten-free bun with hung curd and garlic as replacement for mayo, plus air-fried french fries. And my kaddu (pumpkin) soup of course.”
½ tablespoon – Ginger
Finely chopped vegetables like carrot, beans, capsicum
2 – Green chillies, chopped
1/2 tablespoon – Oil
½ tablespoon – Butter
2-3 – Large potato, boiled and mashed
½ teaspoon – Red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon – Garam masala Salt to taste
½ teaspoon – Ginger garlic paste
½ cup – All-purpose flour
1 cup – Fresh breadcrumbs
2-3 tablespoons – Poha, crushed
- Heat oil in a pan and add butter.
- Add ginger and green chillies.
- Now add the vegetables and sauté for a while.
- Once the veggies are soft, add the mashed potatoes.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Add spices and ginger garlic paste. Mix the ingredients.
- Let it cool.
- In a separate bowl, take flour and add salt and water to it.
- Mix the ingredients to form a liquid liaison. Set aside.
- Take a portion of the veggie mixture, roll and shape it into a patty. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- In another bowl, take fresh breadcrumbs. To this, add a little poha.
- Keep the liaison and breadcrumb bowls side by side.
- Pick one patty mixture and dip it in the liaison first, followed by the breadcrumbs to form a coating on both sides. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- In a pan, heat oil and then add butter.
- Put the patty in the pan and fry on both sides till they turn golden brown. Your patty is ready.
- Use a bun of your choice; slice it into halves and put the patty inside. Season it with onion and sauce and enjoy your burger.
Avocado toast and chia pudding
Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar has a great way of staying healthy. Checkout his avocado toast and chia pudding recipes. He wrote, “Sharing how you can also make my favourite avocado on toast and my chia pudding. It’s healthy, tasty, and keeps you full for hours, not to mention high in protein.”
Avocado 1 ripe
Himalayan salt to taste
- Mash a ripe avocado.
- Add little olive oil.
- Add a pinch of Himalayan pink salt and a dash of chaat masala.
- Spread the mashed avocado on two slices of toasted barley bread or any multigrain bread.
- Garnish with pomegranate.
- Soak 3 teaspoons of chia seeds in walnut milk, overnight.
- Add a little honey or cinnamon to it.
- Top with seasonal fruits of your choice, preferably berries.
Some other recipes are:
Corn Fritters by Shilpa Shetty
When are you trying these?