Andrew Cuomo probe: Key allegations from the Attorney General's report
- A report released by AG Letitia James accused Cuomo harrasing multiple women
- The report took into account statements from 11 women
- US President Joe Biden called on the New York Governor to resign
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has been in the crosshairs of prominent US attorneys, who have been investigating him for several counts of alleged sexual misconduct. A recently released report of the probe outlined various graphic incidents, which have been denied by Cuomo.
Here are few of the allegations highlighted in the report:
1) Virginia Limmiatis, who has been named as one of the potential victims of Cuomo's sexual misconduct, accused the Governor of inappropriately touching her. According to reports from NBC, she said that Cuomo ran his fingers across her outfit while spelling out what was the name of the company, which was printed on it. Limmiatis came forward will the allegation after she heard that Cuomo was denying all such claims. She told the investigators, "He is lying again. He touched me inappropriately. I am compelled to come forward, to tell the truth."
2) Ana Liss, who worked for Cuomo between 2013 and 2015, said that "the typical rules did not apply" in the workplace, which she described as "the twilight zone". She said that Cuomo once "kissed her on the cheeks and hand, touched and held her hands, and slid his hand around her lower waist", according to reports from NBC citing the investigation report.
3) Lindsey Boylan, who publically came forward about her experiences, worked with Cuomo as a close aide. The investigators said that Cuomo had allegedly touched Boylan on various parts of her body, including her back, legs and waist. Cuomo, who has also been accused of kissing Boylan, allegedly suggested Boylan to "play strip poker" with him, according to reports from NBC.
"The independent investigation has concluded that Governor Andrew Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women and in doing so violated federal and state law", Attorney General Letitia James said earlier this week.
US President Joe Biden called on Cuomo to resign from his position of New York's Governor after the details of the investigations were revealed.