Gerald Lee Copley has been identified as the man who was fatally shot in Albany in northeastern Delaware County, Indiana. The suspect has been arrested on early Tuesday afternoon. 

Also read: Colony Square, Atlanta shooting suspect in custody: All we know so far

The shooting took place in the 12300 block of East Delaware County Road 500-N. The incident was reported at 11:51 AM. Jeff Stanley, chief deputy of the Delaware County Sheriff’s Department, said the shooting victim’s body was found at the location. 

Also read: Usher announces new dates for 2023 Las Vegas residency: All you need to know

Chief Deputy Coroner Gavin Greene later identified the victim as Gerald Lee Copley, 59, who lived at the scene of the slaying. Stanley said witnesses had “observed the shooting.”

The Delaware County sheriff’s deputies, as per scanner traffic, were looking for a pickup truck a suspect was reported to have fled in. An Indiana State Police helicopted was seen flying over the area of the shooting at around 1:20 PM (local time) while troopers apparently sought for any signs of the suspect.

Also read: TikTok releases plan to fight US midterm election misinformation

The suspect and the vehicle were found in Delaware County Road 900-E. As per reports, the location is near the home of his relatives.

The suspect has not been identified yet. He is reported to be a 29-year-old male. He surrendered to the sheriff’s emergency response team, shortly before 2 p.m.

Also read: Georgia Sheriff faces lawsuit from family of woman killed in drug raid

Liberty-Perry schools in Selma were reportedly placed on an “educational lockdown” Tuesday afternoon as a result of the shooting.

Delaware County Sheriff Tony Skinner told 13News that Copley was pronounced dead at the scene. Police did not say what led to the dispute between the two.

Meanwhile, on Monday, two deputies from the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office were shot while they were serving eviction papers on Monday. The suspect fled in a truck before surrendering at the entrance to Tinker Air Force Base, officials said.

One of them died.