In the case of Heather Kelley, mom-of-eight who disappeared in December, local and federal authorities are sharing an update on a person of interest, who is in jail for an unrelated crime and is now the main suspect in the case.

The case is being treated as a homicide investigation, Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller III said, reported ABC News.

Also Read | Who is Sharon Mousley? Paul O’Grady’s ‘secret’ daughter breaks silence on father’s death

Fuller said police have explored several different angles and the investigation led them to “one person of interest.”

“That person of interest is still in jail on unrelated charges. But right now, we feel that the investigation continues us on a path toward a possible arrest at some point, down the road, of the suspect,” he said. The sheriff did not go into more detail about who the person of interest is.

Also Read | Who is Jamie Meah? 18-year-old stabbed during taxi ride in Armley, Leeds

Who is Heather Mae Kelly?

Heather Mae Kelly is a 35-year-old mother from Portage. Kelly has been missing for more than 100 days. She was last known to be driving to pick up an acquaintance. On December 11, authorities found Kelly’s pickup truck set ablaze on the side of the road.

After four days she went missing, Kelly’s boyfriend was arrested for ditching his parole tether. He is in a federal lockup through late April.

Also Read | Anton Lazzaro found guilty on all charges of sex trafficking minors

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has kept a reward of $20,000 only for information that leads to Kelley’s location and discovery. Local agencies are also offering an additional reward of $5,000

Earlier this month, authorities found Kelly’s blood in the charred remains of her pickup truck. The vehicle was found by Kelly’s cousin in Comstock Township one day after she disappeared.

Also Read | Lesley Stahl, ’60 Minutes’ trolled for announcing Marjorie Taylor Green interview

Kelly called her eight children for the last time on Saturday, December 10 at around 10:20 PM and never returned home. Kelly said she was coming home after leaving her house an hour earlier that night.