A suspect in a Saturday shooting inside a Franklin home is reportedly being sought by the New Hampshire State Police and Franklin police.

In response to reports of a shooting, Franklin police were called to a multi-family on Elkins Street close to Edmunds Street around midday. Later, state troopers and fire and rescue crews arrived and helped draw up a perimeter around the city. According to reports, state police helicopters were also helping with the suspect’s hunt.

The suspect was identified as 44-year-old Jamie Bell, who is approximately 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighs about 230 pounds, and has brown hair and hazel eyes. He was charged with leaving the scene while completely covered in black. Bell also had a knapsack on her back. He’s still on the loose.

Police speculated during the course of the inquiry that Bell might have been picked up by a man operating a silver pickup vehicle.

Bell has a lengthy criminal record that spans around 15 years.

He was detained in Merrimack in March 2008 on suspicion of felony burglary, DUI, criminal mischief, hindering a report of a crime or injury, and multiple counts of simple assault. In December 2008, he entered a plea of guilty to all charges.

Bell moved to the Lakes Region around ten years later. In Laconia, he was detained in October 2017 on a felony criminal mischief accusation. He entered a guilty plea and was sentenced to six days in jail as well as a fine of almost $4,000 a short while later.

Bell was prosecuted in November 2018 on 18 accusations stemming from two distinct occurrences.

The first included four felony accusations of felony reckless conduct with a lethal weapon, two counts of criminal mischief, driving while revoked or suspended, and unauthorized use. In the second case, he was charged with two felonies—two controlled drug acts and eight others—for being in possession of a dangerous weapon. In the second instance, he entered a guilty plea to one drug charge and three offenses involving weapons.

The other accusations were not prosecuted. Bell received an 18-month prison term with two months credit for time already served. In the first instance, he admitted guilt to six counts of reckless behavior in exchange for a suspended sentence. The remaining charges were all dropped.