Who is Virginia 'Ginni' Thomas?
- The revelation came from emails Ginni Thomas sent on Nov. 9, 2020
- In the emails, she pressed Arizona lawmakers to work on Trump’s behalf
- There have been reports she strategized with Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows
Virginia 'Ginni' Thomas, the conservative activist and wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, asked Arizona lawmakers to overturn the 2020 election in which former President Donald Trump was defeated, according to The Washington Post.
The Post reported that she urged them to set aside Joe Biden’s slate of electors and put forth “a clean slate of Electors.”
The revelation came from emails Ginni Thomas sent on Nov. 9, 2020, which was six days after the election. In the emails, she pressed them to work on Trump’s behalf and “fight back against fraud,” according to the Post.
The latest update adds to the previous accusations of Ginni Thomas' efforts in the weeks after the 2020 election.
Earlier, there have been reports that Ginni Thomas strategized with Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows.
“Do not concede. It takes time for the army who is gathering for his back,” Ginni Thomas told Meadows in a Nov. 6, 2020, text message. She also told him how to bypass the will of American voters to install Trump for a second White House term despite his loss to Biden. In her messages, she described it as an “obvious fraud” and “the greatest heist of our history.”
In response to her messages, Meadows reportedly said: “I will stand firm. We will fight until there is no fight left.” In another message in which Ginni Thomas asked Meadows to “Help This Great President stand firm,” Meadows added: “Our country is too precious to give up on. Thanks for all you do.”
Ginni Thomas grew up in Omaha, Nebraska, and studied in Westside High School. During her school years her dream was to be elected in Congress. She began her career working for Republican Hal Daub while he was a member of the United States House of Representatives.
She later worked for the United States Department of Labor and as an aide to Republican Dick Armey.
Thomas endorsed Ted Cruz in the 2016 Republican Party presidential primaries.
Trending on Opoyi
- Watch: Radha Yadav takes a blinder to dismiss Tahlia McGrath in the Commonwealth Games final
- India celebrates table tennis duo Sharath Kamal-Sathiyan Gnanasekaran's silver at Commonwealth Games 2022
- Who is Henrique Otávio Oliveira Velozo, officer suspect in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu legend Leandro Lo's death?