In 2022, a homeless man allegedly stabbed Christina Yuna Lee more than 40 times, leaving her for dead in her Manhattan apartment. The police are now being sued by Christina Lee’s family for botching the case by taking more than an hour after the initial 911 call before entering her house and discovering her dead.

Also Read: Dollar General manager chases thief, hits him with her car, video goes viral

Who was Christina Yuna Lee?

Christina Yuna Lee was a 35-year-old victim of the break-in and attack in her own Chinatown apartment on Chrystie Street. On her website, the Korean American identified herself as “a New York-based creative producer dealing in national-scale marketing content.” She said that she had previously worked on advertising campaigns for well-known brands like Google, Twix, Equinox, TOMS, Cole Haan, and ALDO.

Assamad Nash, 25, a homeless guy, followed Lee inside her apartment building at 111 Chrystie St. near Grand St. at around 4:20 a.m. on February 13, 2022, according to police and prosecutors.

Nash then barged his way into Lee’s flat with her. According to a complaint, Lee’s screams prompted neighbors to dial 911. According to the lawsuit filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, at 4:25 a.m., two police officers arrived at Lee’s door a little while later.

Also Read: Who was Elizabeth Lawley? Pregnant Idaho woman shoots 2-year-old son before taking her own life

Lee suddenly stopped screaming, according to police sources, and Nash began speaking to the officers through the closed door while imitating a woman’s voice and declaring that Lee didn’t require assistance.

Police reported that Nash had barricaded the door at the time, making it difficult for them to go inside.

Emergency Service Unit police didn’t enter Lee’s residence until 5:40 in the morning, at which point they discovered her in a bathtub with more than 40 knife wounds to her neck and chest, according to the lawsuit. At 5:55 a.m., Lee was declared dead on the scene.

Also Read: Who was Mary Melero? Autistic woman in New Mexico ‘tortured’ by caregivers before death

Nash was immediately caught after being discovered hiding beneath a bed. His case is still pending. He was accused of murder and burglary with a sexual motive. According to the lawsuit, Lee’s life was lost due to police inactivity.

The lawsuit also accuses the city of enabling the adjoining Sara D. Roosevelt Park to become into a sanctuary for drug users and the homeless.