UP government relaxes COVID lockdown, weekend restrictions to continue
- Shops and markets outside containment zones will operate from Monday to Friday
- School, colleges and educational institutions will remain shut
- Only hone delivery will be allowed for restaurants
The Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday announced relaxation of lockdown in the state with certain activities allowed from June 1.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary R K Tiwari said shops and markets outside containment zones will be allowed to open from June 1 onwards from 7 AM to 7 AM for five days (Monday to Friday).
Night curfew will remain in place from 7 PM to 7 AM, he said.
The weekend restrictions or corona curfew will remain in place on Saturday and Sunday, the statement said.
Here are a few key points:
1) School, colleges and educational institutions will remain shut.
2) While dhabas along highways, expressways can open restaurants can only home deliver.
3) Frontline government departments will operate in full attendance. Other govt departments can open with a maximum 50% capacity. The remaining 50% can attend on a rotation basis.
3) Private companies to promote work from home, to have Covid help desk.
4) Banks, insurance companies to remain open.
5) Not more than five people will be allowed at religious places