Though hair fall is normal, it can cause significant distress and worry. There are several factors that contribute for the increase in hair loss, including changes in lifestyle consumption patterns, childbirth, illness, genetics, ageing and hormonal imbalance.
It is important to consume nutritious food for hair growth. Here are 6 such items that can accelerate hair growth –
1. Oysters: If you have a zinc deficiency, here are some foods high in zinc that you should include in your lunch or dinner to boost the health and growth of your hair: Oysters, Crab, pork, baked beans, cashews
2. Eggs: Eggs are high in protein. Because your hair is made up of protein, you must get enough of it in your diet. Eggs are one of the best natural providers of this nutrient.
3. Intake spinach and dark leafy vegetables: Iron is an essential mineral that your hair cells require. The deficiency of iron in the body may cause hair loss. When your body is running low on iron, oxygen and nutrients are not getting transported to the hair roots and follicles adequately, which can inhibit growth and make your strands weak.
4. Food Grains: Biotin, iron, zinc, and B vitamins are abundant in whole grains. Biotin is necessary for cell proliferation and is involved in the production of amino acids (protein), which are essential for hair growth.
5. Avocado : Avacado contains Vitamin E that helps the follicles work more efficiently to promote hair development by improving blood circulation. It also keeps the oil and PH levels in check, which is out of balance can block hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
6. Guavas: Guavas are high in vitamin C, just like tangerines. A vitamin C supplement was found to induce “significant hair growth in women with temporary hair thinning” in a research published in the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. Although oranges are commonly thought to be the best source of vitamin C, one guava has four to five times the amount.