Nelson Mandela's inspirational quotes
- Nelson Mandela was born on July 18, 1981.
- he won the Nobel Prize in 1993
- Looking back at the 10 most inspirational quotes by him
Nelson Mandela was the first leader of the people of South Africa and a human rights activist, lawyer, and worldwide peace advocate. He was born on July 18th, 1918. He received the Nobel Peace Prize in October 1993, and at the age of 95, he passed away in 2013.
In order to honour the anti-apartheid leader's accomplishments and to continue his legacy for a brighter future, the United Nations declared November 18, 2009, as Nelson Mandela International Day or Mandela Day. On July 18, the anniversary of the former South African president's birth, Mandela Day is observed each year.
Here's a list of 10 of his best inspirational quotes to mark the day:
1. “It always seems impossible, until it is done.”
2. “Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.”
3. “Lead from the back – and let others believe they are in front.”
4. "I have always believed exercise is a key not only to physical health but to peace of mind."
5. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
6. “I am fundamentally an optimist. Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.”
7. “What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.”
8. “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.”
9.“I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles.”
10. “We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.”