Who is Froilán de Marichalar?
- A shooting incident occurred at the Marbella nightclub where Froilán de Marichalar was present
- He was celebrating his 24th birthday at Marbella Nightclub
- Froilán de Marichalar is the grandson of King Juan & Queen Sofia of Spain
Froilán de Marichalar is the only son of Jaime de Marichalar and Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo. He is the nephew of King Felipe VI and the maternal-line grandson of King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia of Spain. He was celebrating his 24th birthday at Marbella nightclub where a shooting incident occurred and four people were injured.
Online videos show a disagreement between party-goers in the VIP area before a shooter pulled a gun and started a big stampede as revellers hurriedly left the chaos at the event.
He is the paternal-line grandson of Concepción Sáenz de Tejada, Lady of Tejada, and Amalio de Marichalar y Bruguera, VIII Count of Ripalda. After his mother, Infanta Elena, and his cousins Leonor, Princess of Asturias, and Infanta Sofia of Spain (King Felipe's children), he is fourth in line to the Spanish throne.
His sister Victoria de Marichalar y Borbón is two years younger than him.
Various Names of Froilán de Marichalar :
1. Felipe: in honour of his maternal uncle, King Felipe VI of Spain
2. Juan: in honour of his maternal great-grandfather, Juan, Count of Barcelona
3. Froilán: in honor of Saint Froilán de León, the patron saint of Lugo
4. de Todos los Santos: "of all the saints"
Although he is generally known by the press as Froilán, in the family he is called Pipe.
Felipe Juan Froilán de Marichalar y Borbón was born in Madrid, Spain, on July 17, 1998. He is well-known for the 2017 film Socialité and the Carrmen Borego-produced TV show D'a a d'a Especial Boda Real.
He is still regarded as the royal family's "black sheep" after being expelled from school for twice failing his final examinations.