Stephanie Husen was one of the four victims who were killed in the Tulsa, Oklahoma, medical center on Wednesday. 

Tulsa Police Department Chief Wendell Franklin identified the four people killed as Dr. Preston Phillips, Dr. Stephanie Husen, a receptionist and a patient. 

Also read: Pedro Pete Arredondo, officer behind Uvalde shooting blunder, sworn in to city council

“We also have a letter on the suspect, which made it clear that he came in with the intent to kill Dr. Phillips and anyone who got in his way. He blamed Dr. Phillips for the ongoing pain following the surgery,’ Franklin said. 

Husen was a Sports Medicine Specialist in Tulsa with over 22 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Oklahoma State University-Center for Health Services medical school in 2000.

Also read: School door shut but teacher didn’t lock before attack: Texas Police

She was affiliated with medical facilities Saint Francis Hospital and Saint Francis Hospital South. Hueson completed her residency from the Greenville Hospital System/University Of South Carolina. 

The gunman who allegedly opened fire at St. Francis Hospital campus has been identified by authorities as Michael Lewis. He underwent back surgery at the hospital on May 19. It was performed by Dr. Preston Phillips. Lewis was released from the hospital five days later, Franklin said at a press conference.  

Also read: How political system in New Zealand restricted guns days after Texas school shooting

He vicited the hospital several times over the next few days, complaining of severe pain. On June 1, he called and complained. Hours later, Lewis purchased a semi-automatic rifle from a local gun store, entered the campus, and opened fire.

Authorities said Lewis had written a letter indicating that he “blamed Dr. Phillips for the ongoing pain following the [back] surgery.”

The hospital is located about eight miles southeast of downtown Tulsa.

Also read: After Uvalde, Memorial Day holiday weekend sees shootings nationwide in US

The shooting took place in the same week that families in Uvalde, Texas, began burying the dead from the deadliest school shooting in nearly a decade.

The victims and gunman in Tulsa were found on the second floor of a medical office where an orthopedic clinic is located, police said. The shooter died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, Tulsa Police Department Deputy Chief Eric Dalgleish said.