Facundo Campazzo, the guard for Denver Nuggets, has been suspended from the first game of the team’s playoff against the Golden State Warriors after an on-court altercation with rival Wayne Ellington.

In the regular season finale, Campazzo shoved Ellington in the second quarter and was served with a flagrant foul 2 and ejected from the game.

Also Read: NBA: LA Lakers eliminated from playoff contention after Phoenix Suns loss

In response to the ‘basketbrawl’ that happened on the court on Sunday, Ellington made posted a threatening message on his social media handles, directly targetting Campazzo. “When I see you I’m putting my hands on you”, he wrote.

NBA announced on Wednesday that the Los Angeles Lakers player will also be served a $20,000 fine for what the league said was an act to escalate the incident, Associated Press reported.

Campazzo will sit out when the Nuggets begin their series Saturday at Chase Center against the Warriors. He averaged 5.1 points, 3.4 assists and 18.2 minutes this season.

Michael Malone, the head coach for the Denver Nuggets said that what happened was “unfortunate”. He added, “Facu sent me a message the other day apologizing for what happened in that Laker game.”

Campazzo helped the Nuggets beat Portland Trail Blazers in the postseason a year ago, before they were swept by the Phoenix Suns.

“He is definitely a guy that we could throw into any series and trust him,” Malone said. “Obviously, with the league’s ruling now that would not be the case for Game 1.”

Also Read: NBA: LA Lakers eliminated from playoff contention after Phoenix Suns loss

Malik Monk had a career-best 41 points and Austin Reaves set career highs with 31 points, 16 rebounds and 10 assists to lead the Los Angeles Lakers to a 146-141 overtime victory over the Denver Nuggets on Sunday night in what was Frank Vogel’s final game as coach.

Denver led by as much as 17 in the fourth, but Austin Reaves scored five points in the final 17 seconds to send it to overtime.